We enjoyed a lively discussion last night about the Common Core State Standards and their impact on storybook app/ebook development. Here are a few tips that came out of the chat:
- Familiarize yourself with the CCSS, and list those standards that your book aligns with, or could help address
- Take this list and expand on it: explain exactly how your book could be used to cover the standards
- Use this new expanded list in your marketing copy on your website and in your iTunes app descriptions
- To really score with teachers, create a few lesson plans featuring your app, and state the standards clearly in the plan
- Offer the lesson plans free on your website
- Eventually, SEO will help teachers find your site, if you make mention of the CCSS
Miss the chat? These tips and several others are available in the transcript above. Enjoy, and make plans to join us this Sunday, when we’ll chat about app pricing and how it’s changed over the last year. The fun starts at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT on January 20, 2013!