Lots of fantastic advice was shared during this discussion of social media best practices, tips and tricks. Here’s a summary of the Social Media Golden Rules we agreed upon during the chat:
1) Be yourself: authentic, genuine and willing to help others out. In other words, your social media presence should be an extension of your true self.
2) Maintain balance. Don’t join all the social media networks and post duplicate content on each. Each social media network has its own advantages and disadvantages, and is therefore suited to sharing some content over others.
3) From @LizCastro: Give back more than you ask for. Help others out as often as possible–don’t make it all about you.
4) Provide real value for your readers/followers. Don’t use the social media tools just for repeating your self-promotion message over and over.
5) Be consistent with your message and target it to your desired audience. Craft content that continues to be useful for your tribe.
6) Let others spread your self-promo message for you! Somehow praise seems a lot more genuine coming from someone other than yourself.
Did we leave out other tips? Let us know in the comments. And remember to join us next and every Sunday at 9:00 p.m. Eastern, when we’ll do it all again!